- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Environmental monitoring & protection
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Melting & Heating
- Pressurisation & Propellant
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
The thermal cutting techniques laser beam cutting, plasma arc cutting and oxyfuel flame cutting are at the heart of many industrial metal fabrication processes.
Today, the three methods are used in parallel in many areas. They are suitable for preparing welding edges, for cutting out complicated component geometries and for cutting pipes and profiles. All thermal cutting methods share two key success factors, namely the precise application of energy and a high-energy gas jet.
The most suitable thermal cutting method depends on the type of material, the section thickness, the necessary cutting quality and dimensional tolerances. Irrespective of the cutting method, choosing the right cutting gas is key to the success of all thermal cutting applications.
We deliver the full range of cutting gases along with reliable supply solutions and robust equipment for all cutting techniques. For more exacting needs, our cutting engineers can advise on technically advanced laser cutting solutions and bespoke gas mixtures to help you optimise your cutting results so you can meet rising productivity and quality pressures.