- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Environmental monitoring & protection
- Freezing & Cooling
- Fumigation & Pest Control
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Melting & Heating
- Pressurisation & Propellant
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharmaceutical Processing
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water treatment
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
The heat of the arc melts the parent metal and the electrode which mix together to form, on cooling, a continuous solid mass. The central metal electrode or core wire acts as a consumable, providing the filler metal for the weld. MMA welding can be used to join most steels, stainless steels, cast irons and many non-ferrous materials. For many mild and high-strength carbon steels, it is the preferred joining method.
Successful welding results depend on the following factors and parameters:
The correct electrode
The correct electrode size for the job
Correct welding current
Correct arc length
Correct angle of electrode to work
Correct travel speed
Correct preparation of work to be welded.
Reduce Costs by up to 40%
We deliver a range of tried-and-tested MMA welding gases under our CORGON®,CRONIGON®,VARIGON® and FORMIER® families. These shielding mixtures use active gases in different concentrations to suit individual application needs. Argon-based mixtures, for instance, replace carbon dioxide with argon as the shielding gas.
Benefits include increased productivity through higher welding speeds, better wetting and penetration and reduced distortion through lower heat input – resulting in cleaner welds and less rework effort. In total, you could save up to 40 percent on the cost front. Our application experts can advise you on the mixture best suited to your needs. They can also help you select the correct operating parameters for optimum results and support you with the equipment and gas management services you need.